Oniru beach is a private beach in Lagos, owned and managed by the Oniru Royal family. The official Royal family of Oniru, a suburb of Victoria island. Oniru Private beach is one of the most popular beaches in Lagos. It is one of the closest beaches to any location within Lagos either Island or mainland. So If you are worried about travelling for hours to get to a beach, no need to worry, Oniru Private Beach is about 20-40 minutes drive from the mainland depending on where you are coming from or about five minutes drive from Lekki Phase one. The beach is neat and usually quiet in the morning or afternoon but often comes alive in the evenings and on weekends where it gets crowdy. The Beach resort is the definition of fun and lots of fun. Depending on your preference, if you love a quiet and serene environment it might not be best to visit this beach in the evening or weekend. But if you are looking for a crowded beach where fun and music never stops, then this is one of the best places for you.
The serenity and proximity of Oniru Private beach make it one of the popular and most preferred beaches to visit in Lagos.
Oniru Beach is known to host several musical shows, events and live shows. It also offers several other activities like horse riding, volleyball, beach ball, swimming etc. The wave at the beach is friendly which means you can dive into the beach, however, you need to exercise some caution and obey safety standards.
Oniru Beach Curfew
The Beach imposes a strict curfew which often starts from midnight (12 am). However, the beach runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. So what this means is, if you’d like to visit Oniru overnight, ensure you get to the beach before 12 am. You are however allowed to stay overnight at the beach.
Oniru Beach Gate Fee
Oniru Beach gate is N1,000 (One Thousand naira) per adult,
If you are driving, you will have to pay N200 (Two Hundred Naira) for parking.
Fun Activities to Do at Oniru Beach Resort
1. Swim / take a deep: The waves are not as crazy, remember to go with your swimming trunk. Get wet and enjoy the ever calm beach water.
2. Enjoy the Horse Ride: Another activity you can do at Oniru Private Beach is to ride a horse. The cost of a horse ride varies from N300 to N500
3. Ferris Wheel: It doesn’t matter whether you are a kid or young at heart, be adventurous and have fun.
4. Enjoy the exotic Foods: Oniru Private beach offers some exclusive specials like suya, peppered Indomie with eggs, grilled fish, shawarma, pepper soup, assorted, Chips, Asun and several other Nigerian delicacies
5. Dance: There is never a dull moment at the Beach, the beach is always alive every second of the giving you hot Jamz from your favourite artiste. From live bands to DJ to tourist playing music from their portable speakers, there is never a dull moment at Oniru Private Beach.
6. Get a souvenir from the locals selling at the beach. These souvenirs vary from artworks, paintings, locally made jewellery, wood carvings, beadworks etc
7. Enjoy the Beautiful View of the ocean and the Eko Atlantic City
8. Take a romantic walk by the beach. If you visited with the love of your life, this would be the best place to take a romantic walk by the beach.
9. Visit some of the bars and restaurants owned by some of the popular celebrities in Nigeria and order your favourite drinks or edibles.
10. Take Beautiful Pictures: They say pictures speak a thousand words. What would you gain after visiting a beach and not taking pictures to preserve the memory, Please do ensure your phone is charged and take beautiful photos.
Things to Note When Visiting Oniru Private Beach
1. The beach often gets rowdy, if you do not like noise and crowded places this may not be the best option for you except you visit during the off-peak period
2. If you are going on a weekend, ensure you are driving or use Uber, Bolt or Oride, this is due to the heavy human traffic at the gate, to beat this, either you drive or go with your private car.
3. Things are a little pricey inside, it is best to get your foods and drinks outside
4. Keep your kids at a close watch and also keep your personal belongings close to you at all times
Facilities At The Beach
Depending on the kind of event you want, the beach has different facilities for different event, there is a fully air-conditioned hall that can take up to 40 people
There is also a VIP Area around the bar
If you Are looking for something much more private, there are secluded areas that can take between 7 to 15 people
Address of Oniru Beach
Oniru Beach is located at No 1 Ligali Ayorinde Street, Oniru, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Oniru Beach Direction / How to Get to Oniru Private Beach
Depending on where you are coming from, If you are coming from the mainland, assuming you are coming through Oworo, drive through Third mainland Bridge down to Ozumba Mbadiwe, Just after Law School, Make a Turning to your right into Ligali Ayorinde and Drive Straight Down, the road will lead you to Oniru Private Beach.
Is Outside Food and Drinks Allowed at Oniru Private Beach?
Yes, You are allowed to bring outside food and drinks. The good thing about the Beach is it allows you to bring food and drinks without charging your corkage. With that, you can buy your favourite foods at your favourite restaurants and bring it along without paying extra for bringing it to the Beach.
The Do’s and Don’ts of the Beach
- No deep swimming at the beach
- No smoking of any form of hard drugs at the beach
- No midnight entry at the beach
- Fighting is not allowed at the beach
Best Time to Visit Oniru Private Beach
There is no best time to visit Oniru, It just depends on your preference. If you are looking for times where the beach comes alive, visit during the evening or weekends, If you want quiet time at the beach, visit in the morning or afternoon during the weekday.
Oniru beach opens from 8 am to midnight every day.
Other Tourist Attractions Close to Oniru
Oniru Private Beach is highly rated, it is one of the cheapest beaches in Lagos and also one of the beaches within proximity to both the Lagos Island and Mainland residents without having to drive long distance. This has made Oniru Beach a perfect option for you.